9. Put the CentOS CD into the Client and reboot. When you get to the initial CentOS 6 menu selection screen, you press “esc” so you will go to a boot prompt.
boot: linux ks=http://192.168.1.1/kickstart/base.cfg ksdevice=eth0 text asknetwork
(where 192.168.1.1 is the webserver which contains the anaconda file)
10. The System should install automatically and create an exact copy with the same configuration and password
11. To ease modification of the anaconda file, add and remove packages you may want to install kickstart config files
# yum install system-config-kickstart
For more information, you can also read
- Basic Kickstart on CentOS 6 (Part 1)
- Kickstart Installation failing with Static IP address in a DHCP less network.
- Linux Home Networking Quick HOWTO : Ch25 : Network-Based Linux Installation